Animation in General Password is NOT smooth and has 2 bands at left/right

faceface Member
edited December 2014 in iOS Beta

Hi,
while in beta 11 the animation in PIN code is really nicer and smooth,

the animation in General Password (iPhone 6 plus) is really awful and has 2 bands/blocks at left/right

I've catched a pic of that issue

it's only me ?

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @face,

There's a weird animation glitch whenever the app is in non-US region and I think this is related. If you change your iPhone's region to US/English, kill 1Password in the background and reopen it, does it still show the same problem?

• faceface Member

Hi @MikeT‌,

Yes, changed from italian to english but the weird animation is still there (as you can see in the pic attached):

Team Member

Hi @face,

Thanks for trying that. I don't have an iPhone 6+ but Winnie does and she tried it, both unlocking and locking animations did not show that glitch.

Is there anything special about your iPhone 6+ that might not be on her device? Is it running a beta iOS version, any accessibility features turned on or anything like that?

Team Member

Hi @face,

We found the cause. Are you using the zoom display feature on the iPhone 6+? If you turn it off, does it work better?

• WalrusCPWalrusCP Member

On my iPhone 5S running 8.1.2, I am finding the keypad/touch ID animation is still a little clunky on initial launch. Smooth as butter when opening afterwards from background though.

Also finding the animation on initial launch on my iPad Air running 8.1.2 is also stirrers a bit. Launching from background thereafter smooth sailing.

• faceface Member

Hi @MikeT,

yes, got it !

It's the zoom, i've activated it.

When disabled the animation works like a charm.

May you please fix that on zoom activated ?

Btw iPhone 6 + is nice also with zoom off ... (in the meantime) :smiley:

Team Member
    edited December 2014

Hi guys,

@WalrusCP:

On my iPhone 5S running 8.1.2, I am finding the keypad/touch ID animation is still a little clunky on initial launch.

Also finding the animation on initial launch on my iPad Air running 8.1.2 is also stirrers a bit.

Confirmed, it looks like it was busy trying to read something on disk as it animates. That's why loading from background is smooth. We'll look into optimizing this.

@face:

May you please fix that on zoom activated ?

We're looking into it as we speak. We think there is an issue in iOS itself, not 1Password. We've filed bug reports with Apple already but we'll keep looking for a workaround for this.

Bug ID #: OPI-1929

Latest beta seems to have improved. Still room for improvement, but not as noticeable now.

Team Member

Hi @WalrusCP,

I'm glad to hear that, we're going to keep improving the performance over time.

This discussion has been closed.