Animation in General Password is NOT smooth and has 2 bands at left/right

face
face
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

Hi,
while in beta 11 the animation in PIN code is really nicer and smooth,

the animation in General Password (iPhone 6 plus) is really awful and has 2 bands/blocks at left/right

I've catched a pic of that issue

it's only me ?

Comments

• Hi @face,

There's a weird animation glitch whenever the app is in non-US region and I think this is related. If you change your iPhone's region to US/English, kill 1Password in the background and reopen it, does it still show the same problem?

• face
    face
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌,

Yes, changed from italian to english but the weird animation is still there (as you can see in the pic attached):

• Hi @face,

Thanks for trying that. I don't have an iPhone 6+ but Winnie does and she tried it, both unlocking and locking animations did not show that glitch.

Is there anything special about your iPhone 6+ that might not be on her device? Is it running a beta iOS version, any accessibility features turned on or anything like that?

• Hi @face,

We found the cause. Are you using the zoom display feature on the iPhone 6+? If you turn it off, does it work better?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

On my iPhone 5S running 8.1.2, I am finding the keypad/touch ID animation is still a little clunky on initial launch. Smooth as butter when opening afterwards from background though.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Also finding the animation on initial launch on my iPad Air running 8.1.2 is also stirrers a bit. Launching from background thereafter smooth sailing.

• face
    face
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

yes, got it !

It's the zoom, i've activated it.

When disabled the animation works like a charm.

May you please fix that on zoom activated ?

Btw iPhone 6 + is nice also with zoom off ... (in the meantime) :smiley:

• MikeT
    edited December 2014

Hi guys,

@WalrusCP:

On my iPhone 5S running 8.1.2, I am finding the keypad/touch ID animation is still a little clunky on initial launch.

Also finding the animation on initial launch on my iPad Air running 8.1.2 is also stirrers a bit.

Confirmed, it looks like it was busy trying to read something on disk as it animates. That's why loading from background is smooth. We'll look into optimizing this.

@face:

May you please fix that on zoom activated ?

We're looking into it as we speak. We think there is an issue in iOS itself, not 1Password. We've filed bug reports with Apple already but we'll keep looking for a workaround for this.

Bug ID #: OPI-1929

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Latest beta seems to have improved. Still room for improvement, but not as noticeable now.

• Hi @WalrusCP,

I'm glad to hear that, we're going to keep improving the performance over time.

This discussion has been closed.