TestFlight application - a sorry tale

HRD
HRD
Community Member

In early to mid December I applied to join TestFlight, although why existing beta testers were not transferred automatically from HockeyApp defies logic. It wasn't until 23rd December, despite repeated nudges via email, that I was informed that I would added to TestFlight on 29th December. To date nothing has happened.

I appreciate it is the holiday period, and iTunes Connect was closed for a week, but the responses from AgileBits has fallen far below their usual high standard. Ironically, of course, it is over the holidays that I have spare time to concentrate on testing betas.

@Nik Lai, who has the title of Happiness Engineer, has not responded to any of my communications since 29th December, and didn't indicate that would be away from his inbox during the holidays.

I would kindly ask if someone would respond to me either in the positive, or if my application for TestFlight is not successful, indicate this and I will return to the latest non-beta iOS version.

Happy New Year to you all.

Comments

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

@Nik,

Well that was quick. Within one hour of posting the above, I am now on TestFlight. Thank you.

However, I can't unlock Pro Features.

Please help.

• Hi @HRD,

In early to mid December I applied to join TestFlight, although why existing beta testers were not transferred automatically from HockeyApp defies logic

HockeyApp and TestFlight or any other services have nothing to do with each other, which generally means you cannot simply import users from one into another and expect it to work.

We can’t import everybody because we need actual Apple ID accounts, not any random email addresses people have sent us from years ago. TestFlight is integrated with the App Store, which is why live Apple ID is required and why we have to manually process each application.

It wasn't until 23rd December, despite repeated nudges via email, that I was informed that I would added to TestFlight on 29th December.

We have hundreds of beta testers, we have to manually process each application and we mentioned this in our request for TestFlight applications. We're still behind a few days in the backlog and we work in the first come/first serve queue. We've gotten a lot of requests on the first day alone.

We are limited on open spots with TestFlight, which means we cannot accept everybody automatically, we have to accept only the active testers with solid history.

However, I can't unlock Pro Features.

Did you restore or purchase the Pro features? In TestFlight, you have to buy (it won’t charge you during beta testing) because your purchase history at the App Store is not considered while beta testing.

Try purchasing the Pro features instead and see if it works.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

All noted with thanks.

I solved the Pro features issue by downloading the stable version and then the beta from TestFlight.

The above has been communicated to @Nik via email.

• Great, thanks for updating us here.

This discussion has been closed.