Trial Expired for 1Password 5/Purchased My License in 2009 when it was 1Password 3

gfm1958
gfm1958
Community Member

I get the trial expired message when unlocking the tool bar icon. I can't seem to add my license number when clicking on the "add license" button. I asked for the "license file", got it, downloaded it and cannot open it when trying to add the license...meaning that it's grey in the finder window. I'm not the most computer literate person...yet I'm pretty intuitive. Can't seem to figure this out. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

The alpha numeric license key for version 3 was replaced by a license file when version 4 was released. Version 4 was a paid upgrade from version 4 for buyers prior to 2013, but there was a big in version 4 that didn't enforce the requirement to pay. In your case, you will need to pay for an upgrade in order to use version 5. Once you do that, you'll receive an email message with a link to click to automatically apply the license file. You'll also find an entry in the Software category with the file attached so that you have access to it whenever you need it.

I'm not sure this addresses you question, since you say you ask for and received the license file.

• Hi @gfm1958,

We have an announcement with details about the Trial Expired message here:

Trial Expired notice in 1Password 5 for Mac?

And instructions to apply your 1Password 5 license file can be found here:

Adding a license to 1Password

Please let us know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.