How to edit a Login item?

Options
DoctorDan
DoctorDan
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I saved a site and it did not grab the user name. I tried to edit in 1PW but the save and cancel ?buttons? are not visible functional - see attached.

What's wrong?

Thank you.

btw - This win 8 64-bit

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I take it you're used to 1Password for Mac. Windows does not do in place editing. Click the edit button on the toolbar at the top right of the view panel.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoctorDan‌, I've added a note to the Introducing 1Password > The main program article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide:

In the details area, click on the Attachment, Favorite, Share, Edit, and Delete icons to perform the related functions; click on the Copy, Auto-Type, and Reveal icons (next to the username and password fields) to perform those functions.

Thanks for the nudge!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I tried to edit in 1PW but the save and cancel ?buttons? are not visible functional - see attached.

@DoctorDan‌ You can safely delete those web form fields from your Login item.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

@DoctorDan, you probably thought "btnSave Save" and "btnCancel Cancel" were related to editing the Login item, but (as @svondutch‌ suggests) they're actually just two more fields on the login form associated with this Login item. You can, indeed, delete them from your Login item, if you like, though there's no need to do so.

This discussion has been closed.