Norton Anti-Virus will not allow me to run 1Password

Not sure why Norton Antivirus sees 1Password as a threat but it does. I temporarily disabled Norton and that allowed me to download 1Password but I still cannot run it. Every time I try to run the program it goes through the cycle of "installing / extracting files" and re-booting my computer. Grrrr
Does anyone know of a solution? I want to find a solution today, if possible, because I am visiting my mother from out of town and am trying to set up 1Password for her. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Does NAV allow you to "except" or "whitelist" programs?

• cara
    cara
    Community Member

Hi. Yes. I just researched that and whitelisted my 1Password file. However, there is no change. When I try to open the 1Password application it runs through the cycle of "installing / extracting files" and re-boots my computer. I just tried this 3x in a row and the same thing happened every time. There must be a solution.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you're running the installer rather than the actual 1Password program.

Can you tell us the full path and filename of the .exe file you're running when this happens?

This discussion has been closed.