no sync after moving to iphone 6

Options
ronny777
ronny777
Community Member

Hi,
I had 1password running on both iphone 5 and win 7 pc syncing using dropbox (1password ver 5 on IOS & ver 1 on PC).
since I moved to iphone 6 there is no sync between the phone and the pc.
when i press "sync now" on 1password settings (ios) nothing happens.
how can I fix it?
thanks,
Ronny

Comments

• Hi Ronny,

Sorry for the trouble you're running into here. I'd like you to disable syncing and reenable it again using these steps:

1. On your iOS devices, open 1Password, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync'.
    2. Re-enable Dropbox sync using these steps: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/sync-with-dropbox

Let me know how that works out for you and if there's anything else I can do to help.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

For what it may be worth, after I moved to an iPhone 6 by restoring from a backup of my previous device, I also found later that syncing had stopped. In my case, it turned out that I had not logged back into Dropbox on the iPhone 6 after restoring. After I discovered this, I did what @MrRooni recommended to be sure I had the master copy back on my phone. I'm reasonably sure my wife's iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 also aren't syncing, but I haven't yet persuaded her to sit down and sort it out.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @hawkmoth, that's a good tip that I think will be helpful for a lot of people. :) I recently upgraded my iPhone and, like you, didn't think to log into Dropbox until I was prompted to do so from 1Password. Hopefully your wife's sync issues are also solved easily!

• ronny777
    ronny777
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MrRonni & hawkmoth,
    I followed your instructions and after choosing 1password keychain in dropbox, I was told I have 156 passwords on the keychain and 153 on the iphone with 98% match. I chose to merge (since I want the iphone and the pc to sync) and got a few errors, but after pressing sync a few times, it looks like the sync is working.
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @ronny777! Glad to hear you're back up and running. Happy new year!

This discussion has been closed.