1Password Extension for MAC

Options

Hi,
Chrome extension will not install.
1Password version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit)

It says it can't find the app. I tried opening the 1password app and the extension still does not see it. Thanks for the help!

Jason

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jason Pejsa, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the extension! First let's make sure you have the correct version of the extension installed. In Chrome, go to Window > Extensions, and check which version of the 1Password extension is shown there. If you have the version 4 extension, that won't work with 1Password 3. You'll need to delete the version 4 extension from Chrome.

To install the correct extension, open the 1Password 3 app and go to the menu option for 1Password > Install Browser Extensions. In the page that opens in your browser, follow the steps to install the extension.

Hopefully that takes care of the problem, but if you have the version 3 extension installed and it's not working, please let us know the exact version of that extension. Thanks!

• Jason Pejsa
    Jason Pejsa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Drew_AG! It worked! Now...I have another question - I had to re-install MAC OS and app store is not seeing my old purchase/license for my 1Password Version 3.8.22 (build 32010).....

How can I get another download and install? Thanks!

Jason

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jason Pejsa

I'm glad that Drew's steps answered your first question. Now, if you're using 1Password 3 version 3.8.22, you're actually using a version of 1Password downloaded directly from our website, not the Mac App Store. To install a fresh copy of 1Password, please head to our downloads page and scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Legacy versions of 1Password.

I was able to locate a license for 1Password under your name in our back office records, and am re-sending the details of the license to the email address that we have on file for the account, just in case you don't have the license key on hand to register the new copy.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you!

ref: 504035?

This discussion has been closed.