Not seeing the same categories in iOS

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

Just installed the beta using Test Flight and did WiFi sync to Mac 1P. The iOS shows all the items, both devices have 530 items, but the iOS only shows some categories

Why don't I also see Software Licenses, Bank Accounts, and Passports? Would be good if they were all there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @TomWolsky‌,

You're seeing the free version of 1Password. The other categories are premium categories that you unlock with 1Password Pro purchase.

In TestFlight, your purchase history at the iOS App Store is not considered, which means even if you have 1Password Pro, it won't be unlocked up as such in TestFlight. This applies for all TestFlight apps, not just 1Password.

All purchases during beta testing via TestFlight are free, it won't even touch your purchase history because TestFlight simply routes it into the sandbox.

To get these premiums, you need to purchase the Pro feature. In 1Password, go to the Settings > Pro Features and purchase the Pro features. Once you do that, you're all set.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Mike. I didn't do anything further after syncing. The next time I opened the app I saw this.

which included the Pro category that I hadn't seen before. I didn't do anything further in the app, but I thought I would download the release version as a backup as I'd done in the past. Unfortunately the download of release version overwrote the beta version, so I downloaded the beta version again, overwriting the release version again. That version showed this

All the categories appear though I still hadn't actually done anything to activate it other than reinstalling the release version and then reinstalling the beta version.

Happy New Year.

• MikeT
    edited January 2015

Hi @TomWolsky‌,

The Pro categories means you were looking at the free version of 1Password. Once you unlock the Pro features, it would then remove the Pro categories and reveal the rest of the categories.

You can't have both the stable and beta versions installed on the same device anymore with TestFlight, installing the stable will replace the beta version and vis versa for installing the beta version.

For some reason, replacing stable with beta unlocked the Pro features for you. It shouldn't but we do have extra code to request the receipt from iTunes, so it is possible TestFlight let the code ran and gave it one from your stable version.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Mike.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TomWolsky‌,

On behalf of @MikeT‌, thank you :smiley:

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other question.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.