1Password Has Encountered a problem

I am using 1Password on a Windows Vista and IE (Version 9.0.8112.16421). The software has been working ok. Now after
I log on using the master password and try to access one of my logins I get an error window with a message "1Password Has Encountered a problem".

I tried using Chrome. There it does not even start. I click on the 1Password icon nothing happens.

Help

Comments

• tsenbetta
    tsenbetta
    Community Member

I tried to include a word document with the screen shot of the error and steps but was not able to. The .doc file was not allowed, the message said.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I am using 1Password on a Windows Vista and IE (Version 9.0.8112.16421).

I'm sorry to have to mention that Vista is not listed as a tested or supported platform in the Requirements article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide. Likewise, Internet Explorer 9 is two major revisions out of date. Any luck you may have had using them was, I'm afraid, just luck.

If you can move to a current platform and browser, we'll do all we can to solve any problems that arise.

I tried to include a word document with the screen shot of the error and steps but was not able to. The .doc file was not allowed, the message said.

I believe the forum accepts image formats such as PNG and GIF. DOC files are not really intended for images and are infamously capable of carrying "germs."

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I tried using Chrome. There it does not even start. I click on the 1Password icon nothing happens.

@tsenbetta‌ Please launch 1Password, and then turn OFF this setting:

Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

This discussion has been closed.