Can't sinc by wi-fi - Keeps failing due to

Options
tsnisland2
tsnisland2
Community Member

I've tried numerous times to get set up with this newly downloaded app for my iPhone 5c, sync-ing with my i1Password for Mac, but keep getting a message that says "Sync Problem - The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out."
Then when I go to More Info, it informs "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60"The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out""

I've read all the pertinent instructions & can't find my way around this, .. Any guidance greatly appreciated, ..

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried:

1. rebooting both Mac and phone; and/or
    2. disabling wifi sync on the phone and then re-enabling it.

Either or both of those may kick wifi sync into life—so long as both phone and Mac are on the same wifi network, of course. (I'm assuming you're using 1P5 on both Mac and phone.)

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

If that does not resolve the issue:

• tsnisland2
    tsnisland2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help, I've just had a chance to finally get to this &,... Disabling the firewall seems to have worked, .. That & leaving out the spaces shown in the secret displayed in the Wi-Fi Sync window on my desktop, .. Cool, ..... Much appreciated

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @Stephen_C and @bwoodruff, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. If you need anything else, we're here for you! :)

• TEN
    TEN
    Community Member
    Options

I am a new 1Password customer. I had the same error (i.e. "=60") using Windows 8.1 Pro and iPhone 5 - both using current 1Password versions. I run McAfee on my Windows and have disabled the Windows Firewall so McAfee and Windows don't clash. I use the default Firewall settings--I have not fiddled with any settings that I can recall. To make the manual WiFi sync work, I turned off the McAfee Firewall and it worked perfectly. My question is, is there some Firewall setting I can use so I don't have to manually toggle my McAfee Firewall off and on to do a WiFi sync? Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @TEN‌

Here's a link to How to add an application to the McAfee Firewall Program Permissions list.

You may need to add exceptions for both Bonjour and 1Password

Bonjour

Default location of program: C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsresponder.exe

Port (if needed): 5353 (UDP)

1Password

Default location of program : C:\Program Files\1Password 4\1Password.exe

Port (if needed): 6262 (Set to TCP and UDP just to be safe)

Hopefully that will get you sorted but do please let us know either way.

ref: DOCS-352

• TEN
    TEN
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate this suggestion but it didn't work. I think the article is for applications on the PC attempting to go out on the Internet through the Firewall. I was thinking there might be a setting under "Ports and System Services" within the McAfee that could work--but that was just my thinking.

• @TEN, yes, that could work. Add the above ports (5353 UDP and 6262 TCP/UDP) to Ports and System Services and give that a try.

Instructions from McAfee are located here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100887

This discussion has been closed.