1Password 3 - extension unavailable in Safari [Moved to email]

Options
Skeeterbug07
Skeeterbug07
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello, I am unable to open 1Password through the Safari extension because I get an error message that says, "Extension database not available. Please press Command-Option-Q to restart your browser and discard invalid state." I am not sure what to do. I have attempted to press Command-Option-Q, but I am not sure what the "invalid state" is. I have my passwords syncing to Dropbox, could there be an error/issue there? I attempted to delete the 1Password keychain from Dropbox, but doing that also deleted all my files in the 1Password app on my computer. I only have this issue in Safari, but I would prefer to use Safari. Please help, thank you!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Skeeterbug07‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password.

First of all, if you're using 1Password 3, please do NOT delete your keychain file from Dropbox. Your data is only stored in one place in 1Password 3, so deleting your data in Dropbox is equivalent to deleting your database. Which is not good.

Once you restarted your browser, did the issue continue? As the error message states, restarting your browser should get rid of the invalid state and have things working smoothly for you again. You shouldn't have to do anything more than restarting your browser.

If you are still seeing this after restarting, I'd like to get a bit more information here. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

(Please make sure you select the tool that fits your operating system.)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Skeeterbug07
    Skeeterbug07
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I submitted the report. Despite restarting my browser and computer, the issue has persisted. Thanks again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Skeeterbug07,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. You should have received an automated response from our BitBot assistant with a ticket ID number, please pass that along so we can locate your report. If you haven't heard from us yet, if you send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• Skeeterbug07
    Skeeterbug07
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again,

I resent the email. Also, I noticed that there was an update available for my other computer for 1Password, but for some reason, my computer is not finding the update. I am not sure if my laptop automatically downloaded it, but in the "issues fixed section," I noticed there was something resolved with Safari and the extension. I am still unable to get the extension to open in my laptop, so if you all can figure it out, I would appreciate it. My brother mentioned that he thought you all gave upgraded our license for free to 1Password version 4, but when I went to the website to see if that was correct, I would need to pay for an upgrade. Thanks again for your help.

• Skeeterbug07
    Skeeterbug07
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, the ticket number that I received was: #PUS-53283-578 thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Skeeterbug07‌

Thanks for sending the ticket number along! I see that you're already receiving help from our team. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid confusion between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.