1Password4 doesn't work when the Username and Password fields are on separate screens

On websites where only the Username appears on one screen (and password field is on a later separate screen), then 1Password does not work. When I use control \ key, it plugs in the username, and then it brings me to the password screen, which is blank. If I use control \ again and select the correct login, then it simply takes me to the username screen and starts the process over again. I am using Firefox 34.0

Comments

• FredD
    FredD
    Community Member
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@FredD‌, have you tried the steps in the Creating a multiple-page Login article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

On websites where only the Username appears on one screen (and password field is on a later separate screen), then 1Password does not work. When I use control \ key, it plugs in the username, and then it brings me to the password screen, which is blank. If I use control \ again and select the correct login, then it simply takes me to the username screen and starts the process over again.

@FredD I'm guessing the correct Login item doesn't appear at the top of the 1Password menu when you are on the 2nd screen, correct?

When you pick a Login item from a sub-menu (not from the top of the 1Password popup menu), then you're telling 1Password to "navigate and fill" (as apposed to the matching Logins you see at the top of the popup menu -- those will fill but not navigate).

What you need to do is associate the correct Login item with the 2nd screen. Please copy & paste the 2nd screen URL from your web browser to the correct Login item. This should do the trick.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@svondutch‌, doesn't it seem unlikely that a username page and password page would be in different domains?

Regardless, the method described in the article linked above should work for you, @FredD.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@DBrown unlikely, but not impossible. Large companies that have multiple domains might take the ysername on one and then hand off to another to authenticate. For example, company.co.uk might authenticate on company.com.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I see.

Well, yet another reason why I prefer the method featured in the user's guide (though others are mentioned there, as well).

• stansumich
    stansumich
    Community Member

I have the same problem when trying to login to my Vanguard account. Can you give some guidance as how to resolve this issue? Doesn't your company have a phone number to call or an email address to contact support? I am truly disappointed with trying to obtain support.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Welcome to the support forum, @stansumich‌!

Does the Vanguard site have a multiple-page login sequence?

If so, have you tried the instructions in that user's guide article, Creating a multiple-page Login?

This discussion has been closed.