recover from agilekeychain_zip possible?

Hi,
Ive had to reinstall computer. But now i cant get access to my 1password data and that means everything ells that need login :(
The 1Password.agilekeychain is missing or not visible. The only thing i have back is some xxx_agilekeychain_zip files.
Can i recover from these files? or what do i do now to get my 1password data back.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Firstly, were you using Dropbox syncing? If so then the latest 1Password data should still be available there. Simply install the Dropbox program and get it to download your files to harddrive. Once this is done you can open the agilekeychain folder from the 1Password app's file menu.
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-dropbox-sync

If you weren't using Dropbox sync then you'll need to restore from backup, which is what those agilekeychain zip files are. You can do this from the 1Password app's Backup menu.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

The only thing i have back is some xxx_agilekeychain_zip files. Can i recover from these files? or what do i do now to get my 1password data back.

1. Start 1Password
    2. If the "Welcome to 1Password" window comes up, then click on: "Restore 1Password Vault from Backup", otherwise
    3. Click on: Backup > Restore 1Password Vault from Backup
  • Manituren
    Manituren
    Community Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    If i click on: Backup > Restore 1Password Vault from Backup > comes error sayin "1Password 2014-12-16 202230 (45 items).agilekeychain_zip is not a 1Password backup"

Any other ways to recover missing data?

OBS. Dropbox syncing not used ad that point.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

.agilekeychain_zip is not a 1Password backup

1. Please rename .agilekeychain_zip to .zip
    2. Extract this zip to your desktop
    3. Open this vault in 1Password: File > Open 1Password Vault
  • Manituren
    Manituren
    Community Member

Hi Again,
    thanks for fast reply.

Ive done what you suggest. The zip is empty, can this be an permission role or some other security settings set by 1password software?

kind regards

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Can you restore another backup? The one we're trying to restore is obviously corrupt :(

• Manituren
    Manituren
    Community Member

Thx for your help.
    Saidly they are all 0bytes in size. In the mean time a have tried harddisk recovery, but with no other succes, here the files keeps being 0bytes.

It seems like i have to pad the monkey and learn the hard way to never have data and passwords only one place or adlease not without checking backup data integrity.

cheers

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I'm checking with Dev to see how all the backup files could have 0 bytes.

Were these copied to your "reinstalled" computer from somewhere, or were they created since you "reinstalled" your computer?

This discussion has been closed.