1password app does not offer to use dropbox

Options
fdagnat
fdagnat
Community Member

Is there a specific action to carry out before the set up of 1password offer to use dropbox? It only offer me to sync using a local file, contrary to the capture in the doc, I do not have the second button offering to use dropbox...

Comments

• Could you confirm if you have already set up sync to your device's local storage? If you have, you will not be able to switch over to Dropbox sync without reinstalling 1Password. I want to see if we are able to manually set up Dropbox sync without losing your data. Please get back to me and we will continue from there.

• fdagnat
    fdagnat
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for not continuating the discussion but december was really too busy. Back to try use 1password on my xperia and to try to sync it with my home macs.
    To answer your question, the first time I had no dropbox installed and choosed local storage for my test. Then I wanted to test with dropbox so I removed 1password but the newly installed version still does not offer sync via dropbox. As I'm only testing for the moment I can loose all my 1password info. I retested just now after deinstallation the reinstallation after choosing I already use 1password, the following screen only propose me to use local storage (no dropbox).

• saad
    Options

No problem, thanks for getting back to me. December was definitely a busy month for a lot of us!

It sounds like the Dropbox button that is under the local storage option is not visible for you. This might be happening because your device's display is smaller causing the bottom part of the user interface to be cut off. I would like you to give the following a try and let me know if you're able to see the Dropbox sync option:

1. Go into your Android device Settings > Display > Font Size and select Small.
    2. Go back into your Android device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap Clear data
    3. Launch 1Password and select I've used 1Password before > Sync using Dropbox
    4. After setting up Dropbox sync, you should be able to view all of your items in 1Password
    5. Go back into your Android device Settings > Display > Font Size and select Normal.

Let me know if that works!

This discussion has been closed.