License Question

neilwest
neilwest
Community Member

I want to run 1Password on a Windows machine and an Android device. Do I need to purchase more than one license? I was going to purchase the Windows license. I did not know if I needed to purchase an Android license. I cannot find the pricing information for the Android license. Can someone please clarify?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

You do. The Android app is free to download and use as a reader tool. It can not create or edit vaults without purchase a premium license as an in-app purchase.

• neilwest
    neilwest
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick response.

• Our pricing model involves charging per platform to keep costs down. This way, our customers can pay just for the versions that they need. We do offer bundles whenever possible, like in the case of Mac + Windows. For Android, however, we are not able to bundle the in-app purchase with other platforms. The purchase of the premium features is handled directly by Google's Play Store.

Technically, 1Password 4 for Android can create new vaults even if you do not purchase the premium features. I think what @RichardPayne‌ meant to say is you cannot create or edit items without the premium features once the trial period has expired. The premium features give you the ability to add items, edit existing items and organize your items into folders.

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.