Upgrade to version 5

hardcorefs
hardcorefs
Community Member

Hi,
I purchased the v3 then upgraded from version 3 to version 4.
I clearly have a 1password4 version key, or at least that is what my 'issued invoice' states.
(issued from your web store:1Password 4 for Mac, Single User License)

But when I try to upgrade to version 5, it says I have a version 3 license & have to upgrade to version 4 first or pay for a full version5
However when I loaded in my version '3' license into version 5, it stops working for a couple of days (demo messages).... then magically it opened the full version 5 program.!!!!

i'd like to pay for a further upgrade from V4 to V5 but I cannot process the license!!

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hardcorefs‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :smile:

I looked you up in our back office using the email address you used for our Discussions Forums and I found your 1Password 5 license. I just sent it to you in a separate email.

1Password 4 and 5 for Mac do not require a license key (code) like 1Password 3 for Mac. They require a license file. When you receive your email, simply double-click on the license file and it will license 1Password 4 or 5.

i'd like to pay for a further upgrade from V4 to V5 but I cannot process the license!!

The license files work on both 1Password 4 and 5 so there's is no upgrade fee.

Hope that this helps :blush:

Happy New Year!

• hardcorefs
    hardcorefs
    Community Member

Yep it's sorted out,
    what threw me was the license is shown as 3.8, I'd been banging on to the CEO about ensuring all software licenses were updated, and someone pulled out of the Database that I was using V5 with a 3.8 license.... (i'd been showcasing your product for corporate use.....)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hardcorefs‌ Is it possibly showing you updated from a 1Password 3 licence? I do apologise for the confusion caused but like Rad confirmed, I can also state you are definitely licensed. Hopefully the copy of your receipt helped back up your position but if there is anything we can do to help let us know.

This discussion has been closed.