Help logging on to fords syncmyride website.

I have set up a userid and password at Fords " www.syncmyride.com " website and saved the logon information in 1 password. When I return to the website and attempt to fill in the logon information using 1password, the fields do not get filled in and the logon fails. Can you provide help me make this work. Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, mforce!

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari at:

https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UserManagement/Login.aspx

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

If you are still having trouble, please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide:

Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • thank you for the advice. i followed your suggestion and the logon form is being properly filled in safari. however, if i use firefox it does not work. do you have any ideas how i might get it working in firefox?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Hm. Is 1Password otherwise working correctly in Firefox? I just tested the login I saved in Safari with Firefox 3.6.13 and Firefox 4.0b7, and had the same positive results I get when I use test the login in Safari. :S

Is it an autofill or autosubmit issue?
  • well i just rebooted and retried the logon and it is now working. i'm not sure why that made a difference, but apparently it did.

thank you for your help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Phew! Glad to hear it is working well! :-)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.