Watchtower on 1Password for iOS

Abdiel Ortiz
Abdiel Ortiz
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

With all the hacks that occured in 2014, Watchtower on Mac let you know what sites were vonerable. I have not yet seen this feature roll over to iOS but It would be incredible if added in a future update for 1P testers to provide feedback on the yet awaited feature. This will help those who don't have a Mac or not even 1Password for desktop stay secure online.

Comments

• ssdeg7
    ssdeg7
    Community Member

Are there plans to bring Watchtower to 1Password for iOS? The Mac version is like the pro version of the iOS version, nevertheless I use my iPad every day for almost everything but my Mac I only open it a few times a week.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Something like this could only be notification based as well, if its an issue of size with the app.

And then being able to include the 6-12 month/1+ year old, etc notifications would be handy.

But definitely having WatchTower on iOS devices would be awesome, simply because our mobiles are with us all the time, and when these breaches happen, having our mobiles let us know and tell us to change our passwords is much more valuable.

• Hi guys,

We do want to bring this to every platform that 1Password is on, it's a vital feature for us and our customers.

I've added both of your votes to our list to bring this to iOS. Thanks for letting us know!

Request ID #: OPI-1196

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Please add a +1 vote for this from me as well :)

• Done, thanks!

• Cyrille
    Cyrille
    Community Member

You can also add my vote for this feature too. It will be a plus for the iOS application.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cyrille,

I'll add your vote - thanks for the feedback! :)

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Sounds like it'd be a great addition, especially if you – as mentioned above – primarily use an iOS device instead of OS X.

• I agree, @holgr. We do plan to add it everywhere 1Password is, there is no reason to have an 1Password app without Watchtower. I'll add your vote to our tracker.

Thanks!

• Hi @Abdiel Ortiz‌,

I merged your thread into this one, a few others already requested this to be added. We do plan to expand Watchtower to cover all platforms 1Password is on, including iOS.

Thanks for letting us know this would be useful for you.

• Abdiel Ortiz
    Abdiel Ortiz
    Community Member

@MikeT Thanks. Sounds great. I will be waiting to see this soon. Its great that others want this feature as well.

• No problem.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

Add my vote to this as well

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmreekes‌

Your vote has been added - thanks for sharing your thoughts here. :)

This discussion has been closed.