Sync between 1Password Pro and 1Password for Windows

dmf
dmf
Community Member
Hi!
As I'm a beginner regarding the way 1Password has been implemented, my question/suggestion could be not realistic. Sorry about that.
Moreover, I'm not sure if my question should go to 1Password Pro or/and 1Password for Windows.

I'm using 1Password for Windows beta since some weeks and I'm globally very pleased of the results.
I'm also using 1Password Pro on my iPhone and I'm investigating 1Password for Android for my wife's Xperia 10 Mini.

The question that bothers me is the syncing between these devices. I'm, as many people on these forums, concerned about Dropbox and, if I trust that they are doing their best regarding securing their environment, I'm convinced that, as mentionned in the following article ( http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9197038/Password_cracking_in_the_cloud?source=CTWNLE_nlt_security_2010-11-18 ), there is no completely safe solution in the cloud.
In 1Password for Android, it is apparently possible to copy directly the 1Password chain from Windows to the smartphone's SD card (unless I didn't understand correctly:-( ).
I think this should be the best solution for the iPhone as well. Some apps (as VLC, Scanner Pro, HP iPrint...) allow (via iTune) to move files directly from/to the iPhone to/from Windows. Could this be used for 1Password Pro? Another app "Disque USB" from Imesart allows to do the same and is not specifically related to an app as the previous ones (but in 1Password case, it could be better having a specialized interface). This could well replace the WiFi syncing with 1Password for Mac that you are stating as too much related to the Mac capabilities.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Comments

Community Member
    Could not agree more. Either this or the wifi. Dropbox cloud is not an option.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2010
    We are certainly looking at a wide variety of data transfer features and really appreciate your feedback! I don't have any more details right now, but iTunes files transfer is on our radar for the iOS apps.

Please do consider, though, that the odds of your computer being stolen are likely much, much greater than your data being compromised utilizing Dropbox sync. Our "Security of storing 1Password data in the Cloud" document along with the Dropbox section in its companion "How 1Password touch Syncs Securely" are required reading if you are at all concerned about your data. We at Agile trust our data to Dropbox no one every day. ;-)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.