ownCloud syncing option

rark
rark
Community Member

Could we please have ownCloud as a syncing option? I use 1Password because I want security, and privacy. Dropbox isn't that.

Pretty please?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rark,

Thanks for the suggestion. You're not the first person to request this sync option, and I'd be happy to add your vote to the request in our internal tracker. It is important to remember though that the security of your 1Password data never depends on the security of the service you are using for sync.

We are very confident about storing 1Password data in the cloud, as your data file is encrypted with an exceedingly secure encryption algorithm called AES. Even if someone were to acquire a copy of your 1Password data file, it would be extremely difficult (approaching impossible in a human lifetime) for them to actually gain access to your passwords without your Master Password. In short, we believe it is just as secure as having the data on your laptop. To learn more about cloud data security, have a read through our Knowledgebase article on Cloud Security.

And you can see the thoughts behind our data format's design here.

Also, you can check out our blog for many more articles that go into the nitty gritty math behind what makes 1Password so secure.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@Megan‌ I should bookmark this articles.

@rark‌, there is nothing to worry about using Dropbox. If you're worried about privacy, all anyone will see is an encrypted vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

@prime,

They are pretty handy articles! :)

This discussion has been closed.