How do I backup/sync my password files to my SD card on Android ?

loghome
loghome
Community Member

Trying to backup/sync my password files to my SD card on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Under sync there is no option for the SD card, only device storage. Please help me. Thanks.

Comments

• The problem you're experiencing with the external storage could actually be a limitation with the device itself, and it depends on the OS and hardware you are using. Google has started limiting third-party applications to write to the SD card in Android 4.4 KitKat. We really don't have control over that. I would recommend using internal storage for the 1Password data you set up local storage sync with. It shouldn't take up too much storage space.

• I believe Android Lollipop has removed this restriction, so we will see what we can do with newer versions of Android!

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member

Aren't the files already stored on the internal storage of the device?

• No, only the internal database is stored locally. You cannot access this database by default and it can't be read by 1Password on other platforms. If you want to configure sync to your internal storage, you will need to go into Settings > Sync and configure local storage sync. This will generated a 1Password.agilekeychain folder which can be used using 1Password on different platforms.

• loghome
    loghome
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Are you saying all my passwords are stored in a cloud somewhere and not on my actual device?

<why do I have this mean red face?

• No, your information is not stored in the cloud unless you configured Dropbox sync. I assume you don't want to a cloud solution, so I provided you with the instructions to configure sync to your local storage in my post above.

• sunny2015
    sunny2015
    Community Member

Hey, i guess this may help u out. Since you can connect your device to the phone manager, you may access your external SD card, there, you can create a folder to store your password files, and then backup files into your SD card.

• Thanks for the information, @sunny2015. :)

This discussion has been closed.