my master password on android is not accepted.

SpecialK
SpecialK
Community Member

for reference I sync to dropbox, I had a different password before but updated a couple months ago on pc and have been using the new password for pc and android for at least a month, and now neither of my passwords are accepted on android. new password still works on pc.

Comments

• Sorry to hear your master password is not being accepted on Android. I'd like to ask you to try to log into 1PasswordAnywhere and see if your new master password is being accepted there. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox. Let me know what you find out.

• jeffreyb
    jeffreyb
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

You are probably using the dropbox 1password keychain for the version of 1password before 1password4. When I manually went into my 1password on my mac, saved a new keychain, and then made sure to select that keychain on my android (note: it's not the default!), then all was well.

That's a very confusing workflow that should be fixed (or at least documented), but it does end up working.

• Thank you for your feedback @jeffreyb. I'm very happy to hear you are able to sync between your devices properly. I'll pass on that information to our documentations team.

This discussion has been closed.