Can't log in, can't start over, can't create a new vault.

hgary
hgary
Community Member

Ok, I'm and idiot. I purchased the app through Apple, created an account with Master Password and reminder sentence. I began inputting data and while doing so, I took a conference call. Unfortunately, in the confusion I didn't write the Master Password down, got locked out and now I am SOL. I have tried to Start Over, didn't work; tried to create a new vault; wouldn't allow me to. Now, I have spent $50 for nothing. Everything I try just directs me back to the Master Password. I deleted the app and started over with Apple allowing me to do so free but I just get directed back to Master Password again. I even was willing to buy it on my wife's account but, guess what. Got Master Password again. I am stupid but it would be nice to talk to a human being to see if help is available. I know, I am stupid. Great learning experience when you don't follow directions! HELP????

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you follow this knowledge base article for starting over you should find it resolves your problem. Please let us know if it doesn't.

Stephen

• Hi @hgary,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Please try following the starting over guide Stephen linked to above. You may also need to remove your old data from iCloud if you synced your data there.

Please let us know if that helps. :)

• hgary
    hgary
    Community Member

Tried it all per your recommendations. Did starting over. No prompt on the menu bar to create a new vault. Totally frustrated.

• Hi @hgary‌

What do you currently see when you launch 1Password?

• hgary
    hgary
    Community Member

In the 1Password menu bar I can't create a new vault. It shows on the menu bar but in light letters so it won't let me click on it. I am completely frustrated. Nothing seems to work. Can't use the app so it's of no use to me. It keeps directing me to the Master Password.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hgary‌

I'm going to as for a Diagnostics Report. With that we'll be able to hopefully see where all sources of the vault are and give you a detailed set of instructions to completely wipe this bothersome vault from your system. Once that is done 1Password should start up like it has never been run before.

Please note, when you followed the starting over guide before that ensuring 1Password mini isn't running and rebooting your Mac are very important steps as otherwise moving files in Folder can be for naught. So if you skipped a step it might be worth trying it again. On the assumption that you followed it step for step though...

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Happymak
    Happymak
    Community Member

Hi @hgary and @littlebobbytables! Pardon my interruption but I'm having the same problem. I forgot my master password. Downloaded from AppStore and followed every step of the instructions several times. Also deleted Icloud information. Never promts the option of a new user. Have you guys found any solution? It's indeed frustrating!

Please help!

• Hi @Happymak‌

Please send us a diagnostic report following the instructions in this post.

Thanks!

• Happymak
    Happymak
    Community Member

Sent it! @littlebobbytables @bwoodruff‌. I'm here if you need anything else.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Happymak

We'll continue this discussion via email now :smile:

ref: QIF-28937-377

This discussion has been closed.