This application is modifying the autolayout engine from a background thread [Should be fixed soon]

AllKnightAccess
AllKnightAccess
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

1Password 5.0 (Mac) is throwing this error in the console:

2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[465]: This application is modifying the autolayout engine from a background thread, which can lead to engine corruption and weird crashes. This will cause an exception in a future release.

Comments

• Hi @AllKnightAccess,

We've made some changes to fix that and it will be available in the next update at the Mac App Store. It should already be fixed in yesterday's 5.0.2 update for the website version.

Thanks for reporting this!

• AllKnightAccess
    AllKnightAccess
    Community Member

Thanks.

• You're welcome!

• AllKnightAccess
    AllKnightAccess
    Community Member

The problem is not fixed with 1Password 5.0.2. The error message still appears.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@AllKnightAccess, is it the exact same error message you were receiving a month ago?

Also, can you please let us know the exact version of Mac OS that is running on your Mac?

Finally, please open the 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > About 1Password, and confirm if you're using the Mac App Store or web store version of 1Password 5 on your Mac. Thanks!

• AllKnightAccess
    AllKnightAccess
    Community Member

Yes, It's the same console message that I reported previously. Using Mac 10.10.1, Mac App Store version of 1Password 5.0.2.

• Hi @AllKnightAccess‌,

We fixed a few of those in 5.0.2. It's not one problem though, but many many small ones. We fixed a whole series of them in the upcoming 5.1 release. Does the error message you get in the console contain a stack trace, or is that the entirety of the error? I would love to confirm that the ones you're seeing are ones we've addressed, or file bugs against them if they aren't.

If they happen consistently for you when you perform certain actions we could maybe identify them that way if the errors aren't accompanied by stack traces. Are you able to reproduce the steps needed for it to log that to the console?

Rick

• AllKnightAccess
    AllKnightAccess
    Community Member

Perhaps it occurs mostly when using the Safari extension?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AllKnightAccess‌

Thanks so much for your help in tracking this issue down. As Rick suggested above, it would be particularly helpful if you could provide us the steps that you take before you see this error. If we can reproduce the steps, it's much more likely that we'll be able to determine where things are getting tangled up. :)

• naclek9
    naclek9
    Community Member

I'm having a similar problem. I'm running OS X 10.10.1, 1password 5.0.2 and have been experiencing recurring, random, system crashes. My Log has lengthy entries "This application is modifying the autolayout engine from a background thread, which can lead to engine corruption and weird crashes.' I've disabled 1password mini to see if that addresses the issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @naclek9

Hopefully you won't have long to wait for 1Password 5.1 which we're hoping will resolve this.

This discussion has been closed.