Weird requirements; what setup?

Options

Background:
iMac with Mac OS 10.7.5 on internal drive currently running 1Pwd4Mac 3.8.22 AND Mac OS 10.8.x on an external FireWire drive.
2 iDevices with iOS 8.1.x running 1Pwd4iOS 3.7.2 for compatibility with 1Pwd4Mac.
Local WiFi sync is mandatory.

Question:
Will 1Pwd4Mac 3.8.22 run on Mac OS 10.8.x or do I need 1Pwd4Mac 4.x?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @romad,

If Wi-Fi sync is important to you, you'll need to ensure that you keep the same version numbers across all platforms. Since 1Password 4 for Mac requires OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), you'll want to stick with 1Password 3 on both Mac and iOS until such time as you can upgrade your operating system on Mac.

If you are able to use OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), then you can upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac, and 1Password 5 for iOS and make use of the redesigned Wi-Fi sync (and a host of other awesome features!)

Will 1Pwd4Mac 3.8.22 run on Mac OS 10.8.x or do I need 1Pwd4Mac 4.x?

1Password 3 for Mac v. 3.8.22 will run just fine on OS X 10.8. :)

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Thanks, Megan! I'm not impressed with Mac (i)OS 10.9 so I won't be using it. I might consider Mac (i)OS 10.10 down the road though. I plan on waiting to see what happens as Apple transitions from Intel chips to their own "A" chips and the subsequent move of iOS to ...

Well, I was finally able to edit here! Added ellipses.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hmmm, the forum software truncated my post and then will not let me edit it. Let's see if it will let me post the rest of it:

...consumer Macs like Mac Mini and MacBook Air.

Well, it let me Preview it but did not post from there. Let me see if it will post from here.

First attempt failed.
    Second attempt

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, the forum software is really wonky! :D

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @romad,

I'm sorry that the forums are misbehaving for you ... they've done that to me a time or two as well, and it's a bit frustrating! In any case, if you're happy on your current OS, then 1Password 3 is what you want to continue to use for the time being.

If you notice anything going wonky, please let us know and we'll do what we can to straighten it out. :)

This discussion has been closed.