MAC / Ipad and Iphone and one windows device

wdreyer
wdreyer
Community Member
edited January 2015 in Mac

Hallo

I am new to 1password and have installed it on all my devices. I am quite carefull insetting it up and tested first with one application.

On my MAC i open Facebook through the browser and assigned there a 24 digit secure password.
On my Ipad and iPhone i use Facebook through the application from APP Store.

How can i get 1Password there to use the synced password from the MAC?
I do not even know if 1password run on the ipad and iphone as there was not asked for browser extensions anymore?

EDIT: When i open Facebook through the CROME browser on my Ipad also 1password does not come up!!!!

2nd Question: I also have one Windows PC and also there 1Password. The winodws PC has the icloud extension installed. How can i sync this device with the ICloud syncronized Passwords or do i have to use a different method to syncronize there .....

a quick kick to get me started would be appreciated ...... THANKS

Comments

• wdreyer
    wdreyer
    Community Member

5.1 (build #510035) - IS THE INSTALLED VERSION ON MAC and on ipad and iphone i also downloaded today from APP-store

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Hi @wdreyer

So you have a couple of questions in there.

iOS apps

Unless an app explicitly supports 1Password (here's a list of the ones we know of) then you're limited to copy and paste in iOS I'm afraid. That also includes third party web browsers. Safari on iOS is a special case and Apple built a specific Safari Extension so that others could plug into it without requiring anything of Apple. For every other app the onus is placed on the developer to enable support for a specific extension if it does anything novel (like filling in login credentials). Here is our Extension page on how to use it in Safari and this should work for you. iOS is quite locked down so there are a lot of limits. This is actually the most friendly of the iOS versions so far and Extensions in iOS 8 really make 1Password for iOS powerful but there are still limitations.

1Password for Windows

If you would like to synchronise with a Windows machine running 1Password then you're limited to Dropbox I'm afraid. While a Windows machine can see your iCloud Drive file space, we actually use CloudKit, an iCloud framework for syncing. It is only available though for applications in Apple's stores (both iTunes and the Mac App Store). This means 1Password for Windows cannot use CloudKit unless Apple makes a big policy shift. Dropbox offers a free 2GB account if you don't already use it and has pretty good cross-platform support going. You can sync all of your Apple and Window devices using Dropbox.

If you have any more questions as a result of anything I've written please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.