Attached Files Not Showing in iOS 8

Options
Gramps4
Gramps4
Community Member

Have lastest version for OS X [5.1] and iOS . When I attach either a pdf or a jpeg to a note in 1Password on the Mac, they are not viewable on the iPhone.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you purchased the pro features in 1P for iOS? One of the pro features is the ability to view attachments in 1P for iOS.

Stephen

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, according to Settings/Pro Features.

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

See screen shot

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I just created a new secure note and dragged a pdf into the attachment field. It synced over to my iPad and iPhone and displayed properly on both. I thought perhaps this was an issue with just secure notes, since I haven't tried to attach files to them before, but they seem to work correctly for me.

This is with 1Password 5.3 for iOS on both devices and 1Password 5.1 on the Mac. I use Dropbox for syncing. OS X 10.10.2 and iOS 8.1.3.

I realize this isn't an answer to @Gramps4's problem, but it's worth reporting that the problem doesn't arise for all users.

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to open either a pdf or jpeg on iOS device all I get is a blank screen. See attached screen shot.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gramps4

Can I ask a couple of questions please.

1. What sync method are you using?
    2. If you create a new item and attach the same jpeg file, does it also exhibit the same behaviour?
    3. Is the problem evident with other, possibly smaller files?

Hopefully the answers to those will help narrow down the cause and we can get this resolved for you :smile:

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

1] Since last week after updating to latest versions, I am using iCloud sync.
    2] Just created a new note and attached a pdf. It synced properly and does now show on iOS.
    3] Original 'Secure Notes' that I had added pdf's and jpeg's to still do not show properly in iOS. Will try creating new notes are reattaching files. These notes do have more that one file attached to them.

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

Just recreated notes and attached multiple items to them. All are now syncing correctly. Will consider problem solved.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gramps4

I'm glad we found a solution that got you back on track and I hope there weren't many requiring your attention. There is a known issue and if I'm correct in my suspicions it would mean you used to sync with Dropbox. The issue shouldn't arise again though so syncing of attachments from now on should be good :smile: Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

This discussion has been closed.