Can't connect to 1Password mini

Options
TheNapaBill
TheNapaBill
Community Member

I’ve used 1Password for years and was recently using version 5.0. I got some sort of notice that I should upgrade (to 5.1 I think) which I did. Asked me to quit and relaunch which I did. Now it stalls in launching saying that it is unable to launch as it can’t connect to 1Password mini, whatever the hell that is. It then says if relaunching doesn’t work, contact Agilebits, WHICH you apparently don’t allow as there is no phone number!! So I’m now stuck. BTW, when I tried to login on your website I apparently have lost/forgotten my password. But, no problem I’ll just check in 1Password. Oh wait, 1Password isn’t working!!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please try this:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TheNapaBill

Sorry for the frustration. Please let us know how you get along with Stephen_C's suggestion as it can sort out a lot of these kind of issues without any worry of harming your data.

• BillinAL
    BillinAL
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem after installing OS 10.10.2. Notice said "You may need to reinstall the application." I downloaded again to reinstall; upon opening I received a notice similar to above: "Failed to connect to 1Password mini." I then followed guidance to trash original app & restart (after emptying trash). Success!!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry you've had these problems @BillinAL but at least Stephen_C's suggestion eventually resolved it.

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly now :smile:

This discussion has been closed.