Duplicate One password mini's loading, one with Safari extension the other not with extension

Options
AdamWhiteley
AdamWhiteley
Community Member

this problem is been annoying me for a while now. Every time I open the main vault app from one password mini, it loads an additional version of one password mini which doesn't load the safari extension (the first 'master' one password mini does) Updating passwords via safari create duplicate file entry on the One password database. It seems that the Main vault passwords only match the second copy of one password mini (the one that doesn't load the safari extension) - I don't have this problem with iOS it uses the recent passwords (bar any duplicates that I haven't clean up manually)

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @AdamWhitely,

That sounds like you have two separate copies of 1Password on your disk, which is messing up how the extension is working with 1Password mini.

First, can you do a Spotlight search to confirm you only have one 1Password copy on your disk.

If that's true, then check your Trash folder, it might have an old copy of the 1Password app. If that's true and no other data files are in there, empty your Trash and restart your Mac. See if that'll fix your issue as sometime Yosemite would run the second mini from your Trash folder.

• AdamWhiteley
    AdamWhiteley
    Community Member
    Options

No I don't have two copies of Onepassword installed ( I had a problem with another app when I upgraded to Yosemite and update that app manually via it's site support rather than App Store so I know the problems of having to re-assert file associations via the Get info dialogue) following a threads on agile bits forums I found that restarting and re-esthablishing sync to the relevant vaults sorted this out.
    Strangely I had another problem with legacy Adobe applications (AIR, Application Download Manager from a CC installation) that kept on requesting using Java in Safari meant that I cleaned out a lot of adobe chaff in the System Library, since I got rid that and restarted my system Onepassword and Onepassword Mini have been working great (coincidence?) in Safari.

• Hi @AdamWhiteley,

Thanks for taking the time to write that up for us and we're happy to hear everything's working great now.

Please do keep an eye on it and let us know if anything changes.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.