Error with 1PasswordAnywhere

BruceWeinstein
BruceWeinstein
Community Member
edited January 2015 in Mac

I think I got myself into a mess.

I somehow had few versions of 1Password on my Mac. I am in process of evaluating before making purchase. I deleted all versions that I felt I was not using.

Anyways when I try to look at my vault using web 1Password anywhere I get error. See screenshot.

Look forward to your assistance.

Maybe I need to delete all occurences of 1Password on my Mac and start over? If so how do I do that without losing any data.

Comments

• Hi @BruceWeinstein,

You may be running into an issue with local file restrictions. Please try accessing 1PasswordAnywhere via Dropbox.com instead of your local file system.

Or, if you need to access it locally, please see:

Local file restrictions in 1PasswordAnywhere

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply.

So it looks like there is something corrupted on local copy of 1password. The DropBox.com version works fine. Is there a way to erase the 1password file on my local machine and have dropbox download to machine? It would seem the local copy is damaged.

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member

Or can I erase the complete agilekeyfile on my iMac and have dropbox sync again without damaging the keyfile in my dropbox?

• Hi @BruceWeinstein,

It's unlikely that your local data is corrupt. This issue is probably caused by a restriction on local files by your browser.

If you need to access 1PasswordAnywhere locally, please see this guide for workarounds:

Local file restrictions in 1PasswordAnywhere

Please let us know if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.