1P 5 Installed in Wrong Partition

Options
roanman
roanman
Community Member

My Mac has two partitions. One for Yosemite beta testing the other for Mavericks until Yosemite was released. Somehow I managed to get 1P 5.1 installed in the beta test partition and 1P 4.2 in the Yosemite final release partition. Both versions were installed through the Mac App Store. Any suggestions as to how I might get this straightened out would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi @roanman,

The installation of any apps sold at the Mac App Store is handled by the Mac App Store, it's not something we or any developers can control. We do know from experience that Mac App Store doesn't like secondary partitions and it might be the cause here.

Just to be clear, the Mavericks partition has been upgraded to the Yosemite final version. This is the one that is still running 1Password 4.2 version, right?

If you open the Mac App Store in that partition, does it not show any updates available for 1Password? What happens if you search for 1Password in there, does it show Install button to let you replace 4.2 with 5.1?

• roanman
    roanman
    Community Member
    Options

That is correct. The mavericks partition has been updated to Yosemite final version. Still running 1P 4.2.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @roanman

I don't have a similar setup to try with but if all you wish to do is swap the two versions over I do believe literally dragging the application from one partition to the other (and vice versa for the other version) will work. I once had a MAS application complain there wasn't enough free space to download it. I downloaded it from my other machine, copied it over and all was fine.

Do keep us informed though (especially if I've misunderstood your desired end state).

• roanman
    roanman
    Community Member
    Options

Your solution would work. Just have to have the correct extension version in the browsers. What I finally did was delete both versions in both partitions and the extensions in the browsers. After doing that I was able to install 1P ver. 5 from my purchased apps on the App Store. Thank you for you time and suggestions.

• roanman
    roanman
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yes, and then I synced the Mac with my iPad via the cloud.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

@roanman

The only thing I can think of that may be a hiccup here. Is if one partition uses one Apple ID and one uses another. ex One partition has a development ID and the other has a personal ID.

Assuming each partition uses a different ID: (Using different OS X installs)

You may experience a pop up on its first run. This is from the App Store asking you to verify your ID and password before it will allow the application to run.

Provide the ID/password that was originally used to purchase the application. The App Store will authorize the application to run.

I always check the App store to see what ID I am logged in with after the verify. Each time I have to verify an app like that the store changes my logged in ID to what I just verified. IMHO this is a bug and it should not change the logged in ID after just a verify.

I always make sure to log out of the ID I don't want for my normal purchases and then log into the one I use for everyday purchases.

I hope I have made sense on this one.

• Sounds like you're up and running @roanman. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.