1Password5 wont open

GeoffW
GeoffW
Community Member

Hi

I run MacAir OSX10.10.1
1Password5 won't open--it was working fine. I get this message (attached)

can you help?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I deleted your other identical post.

Drag 1Password from the Application folder to the trash - do NOT use any application cleaner, as they likely will also delete your data. Empty the trash and reboot. Download a fresh copy of the application and install it. That should cure your problem. Your data will be safe.

Let us know how it goes.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

As hawkmoth says @GeoffW, do keep us informed.

• Hi @GeoffW,

If you haven't reinstalled the app yet as instructed by hawkmoth, please don't do anything yet and send me a private message, I'd love to collect some information from your Mac to see what's going wrong.

Thanks!

• GeoffW
    GeoffW
    Community Member

OK Mike, thanks for the reply---
    I dont know if this a "private message" or not---but I've not reinstalled the app (as you suggest)---so please ask your questions and I'll do my best to give you better info.

G

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@GeoffW

Click on "MikeT" in orange above his picture. This will take you to his profile page. On the right hand side again in orange is a message button. This generates a private message with MikeT.

You may get a notification (depending on your settings) of new private messages. You can get to the discussion by following the link in the email. If you are on the site at the top of the page click the messages button. This will take you to your inbox, where you can see current and past messages just like an email app.

Cheers,

cc @MikeT

• jlwoody04
    jlwoody04
    Community Member

After doing update for 1password5 app crashes when it tries and open

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@jlwoody04 - @MikeT will want some information from you before you do anything else. He's working to try to figure out why this is happening to some users. You could send him a private message here in the forum, if you wish.

• Leo Soto
    Leo Soto
    Community Member

Not sure if it's the same issue, but my 1Password also crashes when starting after upgrading to 5.1. Re-downloading the latest version gives the same crash.

Here is the debugging info I get with the crash: http://pastebin.com/ChCZE8fc

• Hi @Leo Soto,

You're encountering the same issue as the one we're tracking down. Please private message @MikeT, he'll get you instructions for how to get the info we're after, as well as how to get back up and running.

Rick

• frenn
    frenn
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I have also sent @MikeT a private message.

I hope that it's not too difficult to resolve.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @frenn,

Just to let you know, Mike is off on his weekend now, so you might not see a reply to your message immediately. We do have fix steps listed in this thread - please check out post #12.

If you're keen just to get fixed up, you can follow the second part of the instructions without sending the data to us, but a bit more data never hurts when tracking down the problem. :)

• Hi guys,

I've replied to the messages sent today. Sorry about the delay.

This discussion has been closed.