I no longer get the password at the top of the list and have to search through logins

Options
flibberty
flibberty
Community Member

For a number of sites, including hotmail, since I upgraded to 5, I am no longer able to click on a field at the top of the list for the password, but have to scroll through logins.
I don't think there has been any change in URL: https://login.live.com/
which is what is listed in 1password.
I can't remember what the other problem sites were. Most seem to work OK. It is just hotmail that doesn't seem to work properly.

Comments

• ssf65000
    ssf65000
    Community Member
    Options

I have same issue. Prior to upgrade to latest 1 password version(Mac + iPhone) all works fine for https://login.live.com site ( onedrive/ bing/etc login site). Now I don't see any passwords. But passwords there, and web site same - login.live.com. Maybe in new version 1password doing full URL comparison, instead of host comparison only?

• Please help
  • Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

This happens to me as well, but at basically any site; if I leave the browser running for long enough, the problem will occur. It's only fixed if I quit and relaunch.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flibberty and @ssf65000

I too can replicate your issue. I don't understand what the cause behind it is but there is a simple fix that will work right now for you. Edit the Login item in question, cut and paste the URL and save. I know, it probably sounds daft but it works.

I compared the JSON of the Login item before and after and found a small difference

Previously working but no longer JSON

"URLs":[{"overview":{"label":"","url":"https:\/\/login.live.com"}}]}

After cut and paste

"URLs":[{"overview":{"label":"website","url":"https:\/\/login.live.com"}}]}

and it's definitely a change between 5.02 and 5.1. I'll ask the developers about it once they've returned after the weekend.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mr. Laser Beam

Your issue sounds quite different.

So you launch and open 1Password and a browser. After a period of time entries stop appearing in 1Password mini when you go to select a Login item for filling. Now when you say quit and relaunching resolves this, is it just the browser, just 1Password or both that you're quitting?

It would also be useful to know some other pieces of information regarding your setup.

1. What version of OS X are you running?
    2. What Version of 1Password are you running?
    3. What Browser did you observe this in and what version?
    4. What Version of the 1Password browser extension are you running?

Hopefully we can narrow down the source of this oddity.

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

^ When I say 'quit and relaunch' I just mean the browser. After a long enough time, the contextual menu will still work but it won't "offer" a particular login to use.

As to versions: OS X Yosemite; the latest versions of 1P and its extension; and Firefox 35.0.1 (although it's happened with previous versions of all of these as well).

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mr. Laser Beam

I don't know if the reports will show anything but here's what I'd like you to do for us please. Run Firefox long enough so the problem exhibits itself, confirm the error is presenting itself and then create a diagnostic report for us.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Naw, that's okay, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not a hindrance to my daily use of 1P or anything like that - it's easily cured with a quit and relaunch. It's not a really serious problem. But thanks anyway.

• flibberty
    flibberty
    Community Member
    Options

to littlebobbytables,
    Sorry, I don't understand. What exactly do I edit? What URL? And where would I paste it even if I knew what it was? And what is a JSON?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam Thank you for letting us know anyway and I'm glad it isn't a deal breaker to your workflow. Hopefully we'll get it resolved.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flibberty

1. Edit the Login item.
    2. Select the entire URL in the website field (https://login.live.com/)
    3. Use the keyboard shortcut ⌘X to cut the text from the field
    4. Paste back into the same field using the keyboard shortcut ⌘C
    5. Save

It looks like you've done nothing at all doesn't it? I bet the Login item appears in the 1Password mini menu list now though. Don't worry about the JSON, understanding it isn't required for the fix.

Please do let me know how you get along, those steps worked for me.

• ssf65000
    ssf65000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,
    More info about our initial problem: after creating new login record in Mac APP (1Password Version 5.1 (510027) Mac App Store) I'm able to see it next time on my Mac and, after synchronizing, on my iPhone (v5.2). Looks like passwords created in version before 5.2 is not compatible, for some sites, with v5.2. I'm ok to recreate 1-2 passwords, but not hundreds. please fix this.
    Thanks,
    Vadym

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ssf65000

You should't need to create an entirely new Login item to replace the old one. There might be an even simpler set of steps than the ones I posted in post #11 but those worked for me. Of course that still requires manual intervention and you're quite right, the number of instances this applies to is a factor.

There is another approach that should correct all the entries at once but as it is a lot more involved I haven't posted it here. If you do indeed have hundreds of entries affected by this (it isn't the case that it applies to all items created in an older version) then we can guide you through the steps required.

As for the actual issue. I've been conversing with a developer and the indicators so far is this relates to a bug that was fixed in one of the later versions of 1Password 4. At the moment we need to assess how large an impact the bug has had. We know how to fix it but what we try to avoid at all costs is messing around with your data. Any automated manipulation of a vault has to be considered very carefully for all the obvious reasons so we don't make the decision lightly. I hope you understand, even appreciate why we take this position given how important the data in your vault is.

This discussion has been closed.