All Logins are submitted as wrong password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Wrong password filled in.

Comments

• brumfieldja
    brumfieldja
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I am using 1Password Version 5.1 MAC, Yosemite v10.10.2, and Chrome Version 40.0.2214.94 (64-bit). If I use the URL shortcut either from the Mini or from the App, 1Password navigates to the correct location and enters the UserID and Password into the correct fields. When I try to then log in, I am told that my password is incorrect. If I then manually copy my password from the 1Password App or from the mini and paste the password into the field, it works fine. This is happening with all Logins in the app.

• Hi @brumfieldja,

Can you test something for me and see if it works better:

1. Open the main 1Password app from your Applications folder and unlock it.
    2. Go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Browser and uncheck the option called Automatically submit logins after filling
    3. Restart your browser and ask 1Password to fill in your data, it won't submit automatically since it is disabled in this test. Click on the submit button on the site to log you in, does that work without an error?
  • brumfieldja
    brumfieldja
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT ,

I did try that, thinking it might help, but it unfortunately did not. I have noticed that some passwords do enter correctly, but many do not. I have not been able to discern the pattern.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brumfieldja,

Thanks for trying that! There are a couple possibilities here. If it works when you copy & paste your login credentials, but not when you have the extension fill them for you, please try manually saving a new Login for that site. Does the new Login item work correctly?

This discussion has been closed.