in-app filling leading to phone overheating and battery draining

trolloplollipop
trolloplollipop
Community Member
edited January 2015 in Android

I am using an HTC One M7 running Google Phone Edition, Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, and activating this feature causes my phone to instantly overheat. The phone stays cool until then.

Comments

• saad
    edited January 2015

Thanks for being part of our beta program and thank you for providing us with feedback about in-app filling. I'll pass on your findings to our developers. If you don't mind, could you send us a diagnostic report from your Android device? It will really help us get a better understanding of your Android environment and device settings. Please follow these instructions to create the report and we will take a look into it. Please include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox. Thanks in advance!

• Fidler
    Fidler
    Community Member

I have also switched back to the regular app cause the beta was killing my battery. It basically took as much of it as my browser witch is insane...and oh boy was the phone hot.

• saad
    edited February 2015

Thanks for also reporting this @Fidler. I have asked one of our developers to review the battery usage for the filling feature. If you don't mind, could you also send us a diagnostic report from your device ? The instructions are in my comment above. Thanks.

• Fidler
    Fidler
    Community Member

I will its no problem...

• Awesome! Thanks so much.

• Fidler
    Fidler
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

@saad it's done. If you need any additional information let me know. And thank you for all your hard work:)

• Thanks @Fidler! We've received your Diagnostics Report and we're looking into it. :)

• Fidler
    Fidler
    Community Member

awesome looking forward to the new version...

• Great to hear! Please do let us know what you think. :)

This discussion has been closed.