is there a simple way to share my vault with my wife?

Options
massimots
massimots
Community Member

i use iCloud sync between my iPhone and my iMac

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @massimots,

Unfortunately, iCloud does not let you share the data with a different iCloud account. If you want to share a vault with your wife, you'll need to use Dropbox sync instead. You can follow the steps here to set that up.

Please let us know if you need more help with that! :)

• massimots
    massimots
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

okay thanks. yes i'd seen the link you mention. it's cumbersome. and this only works for a secondary vault not my primary? can i make my secondary vault my de facto primary - by copying over all the items from my primary and only using my "secondary"? so complicated.

• Hi @Massimots,

it's cumbersome. and this only works for a secondary vault not my primary?

You can sync your primary vault to a Dropbox folder and share that folder with your wife, she can either use it as a primary vault or secondary depending on how her 1Password is set up. If it has not been set up, you can have her install 1Password and direct 1Password to open that vault in Dropbox to use as the primary vault.

can i make my secondary vault my de facto primary - by copying over all the items from my primary and only using my "secondary"? so complicated.

Can you explain more about what you want to do, do you want to share your primary vault with your wife and both of you using the same vault with the same master password with no secondary vaults? If so, that can be done and explained above.

If not, please give us an idea what you'd like to do and we'll explain how to best do that.

This discussion has been closed.