Agile Bits products - payment in CAD

quandrei
quandrei
Community Member

Is there the possibility for Canadians to pay in CAD for Agile Bits products? (since it is a Canadian company)

Comments

• Hi @quandrei,

Apple's stores do sell in local currency. You can find the Mac application ( http://j.mp/1PmasCS ) and iOS app ( http://j.mp/1PasCS ) that way. I do believe Google Play also accepts payments in local currency for the Android app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilebits.onepassword ).

Unfortunately the Windows application is not currently available in Canadian currency (or currency other than USD), however when you purchase in USD from our online store an automatic currency conversion will occur, so you can still purchase even if you don't have USD.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• quandrei
    quandrei
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

Hello @bwoodruff

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. I was referring to purchasing directly from Agile Bits. I currently have licenses for both Windows/Mac, and am eligible for an upgrade discount. After reviewing your FAQ, it appears as though to take advantage of those kinds of discounts, I would have to purchase from the web store.

As for purchasing in CAD, I was hoping for something more like a fixed CAD price option. Obviously, with a currency conversion, the price will keep changing/fluctuating depending on the current state of the CAD.

I suppose this is something of a disappointing trend. You are not the first Canadian company that I have had the pleasure of supporting, that does not offer an explicit CAD option to your Canadian customers, and you will probably not be the last. (also seems silly that I, as a Canadian, have to pay Canadian taxes to a Canadian company in USD).

If ever this policy changes, let me know.

-Q

• MikeT
    edited February 2015

Hi @quandrei,

After reviewing your FAQ, it appears as though to take advantage of those kinds of discounts, I would have to purchase from the web store.

I sent you a PM on a different option you can take.

Note if you really want to support Canadian companies, you might want to check in with the company to see which purchase would benefit them most. Apple gets a 30% cut on each Mac App Store purchase even in CAD but most companies are okay with this because they save the cost elsewhere such as bandwidth and so on.

You are not the first Canadian company that I have had the pleasure of supporting, that does not offer an explicit CAD option to your Canadian customers, and you will probably not be the last. (also seems silly that I, as a Canadian, have to pay Canadian taxes to a Canadian company in USD).

We do understand and we'd love to do this bur our credit card processors that can support the largest % of our users globally are US based and that's why you don't see CAD currency most of the time even for Canadian companies. It has to do with accommodating users with the best experience possible rather than directing users to different stores depending on the country they're in.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@MikeT you could investigate whether your payment processor can provide a rates service so that you web store can present store prices in any currency, take payment in that currency and convert to the base currency automatically. I know that there are many services that do support this. Granted, it would mean that the prices presented to the user in the web store would not be static due to fluctuating FX rates but at least the price presented would be an accurate one.

• Hi @RichardPayne,

We'll look into it, not sure we can do it because of various payment providers we're using for different card type.

This discussion has been closed.