Older Version

Options

Greetings,
Is it possible to get an older version of 1Password? My wife has an older MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.8) and she is now trying to organize her passwords safely. Can you let me know, thanks.

Best,
Bill

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi Bill ( @kalseim ),

It is definitely possible to get an older version of 1Password. We have them available on our downloads page. Just scroll to the bottom for the Legacy versions. I located a license in our back office records under the email address attached to your forum account and I'm resending the details to you there - it includes a license key for 1Password 3.

If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

ref: 689543

• mangohulk
    mangohulk
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! I am wondering if I can get 1password 3 for my iOS so it will be compatible with 1password 3.8.22 on my older Macbook. I purchased 1password 4 for my iOS, but it will not sync with the older version of 1password on my Macbook.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mangohulk ,

Unfortunately 1Password 3 for iOS is no longer available in the App Store. To sync with an older version of 1Password for Mac, I recommend using Dropbox, which is cross-version and cross-platform compatible.

If your MacBook is capable of running Mavericks, you can upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac, which will be able to sync with 1Password 4 for iOS (and 1Password 5 for iOS) via Wi-Fi.

• mangohulk
    mangohulk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, Megan. The problem is that I have updated my older Macbook to the newest operating system it will run, which is 10.6.8. 1password 4 for iOS won't sync with that old of an operating system, whether by Cloud, dropbox OR Wifi. So, the long and short of it is that I purchased 1password 4 for my iPhone, but it's not compatible with my computer. Is there no way to get 1password 3 for my iOS. I know the App Store doesn't have it. You guys designed and engineered it... is it not possible to send me a copy, please?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mangohulk ,

Unfortunately, iOS apps have to be obtained directly from the App Store, there's no way around that here. Is Dropbox not a viable option for you?

• gsuarez
    gsuarez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,
    I recently updated to Yosemite but the computer became so slow that I decided to go back to the OS X Version 10.7.5 which works well. However in doing so the 1 password was erased and when I tried to download it and instal it again the current version does not work with 10.7.5. I tried then to follow your advice above and downloaded from the legacy section a previous version but when setting it up again I am asked to find the existing datafile. My problem is that I don't know where to find it or under which name. When I installed it the first time I guess it used the default name and location. Could you help me? Thanks Gonzalo.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Gonzalo ( @gsuarez ),

I'm glad you were able to find the Legacy version of 1Password that you needed! Now, 1Password 5 and 1Password 3 do use a different datafile, so 1Password 3 wouldn't recognize the newer datafile from 1Password 5. Were you syncing your 1Password data anywhere (if so, with Dropbox or iCloud or Wi-Fi)? Did you do a backup before reverting to OS X 10.7.5?

This discussion has been closed.