stuck "moving data file" (copying)

I was following the dropbox set up instructions from agile's website. in order to eventually use it w/ my new android phone.

seemed simple enough

i set it to move the file over to the dropbox folder (local)... and that was 1 hr ago. i had a barber pole style copying prompt - then all of a sudden it switched to a blank progress bar... and its been like that for an hour... i tested it on the phone - and it says there is no complete data file on the dropbox server to sync with.

i am afraid to force quit 1password - since i don't want to corrupt the file. but i cant imagine its any bigger than 10 mb... so it i certainly should have completed this local move by now.
screenshot shows this strange copy window... btw i also re-signed in to 1password after that screenshot -- no change to the copying.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

mary lou
v 3.5.1 (30802)
os x.6.5

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Mary Lou,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. It sounds like you may need to force quit if the copying is still going on by the time you read this. :-(

The good news is that your data should be just fine since a "move" is really a "copy then delete." Your data will always be safe. :-)

Please try restarting your Mac, updating to 1Password 3.5.3, and then resetting folder permissions (Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions). You can then attempt to move the data file once more from within 1Password (Preferences > General > Data File > Move…).

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • ciara
    ciara
    Community Member
    ok -- i had quit 1pass -- i didn't need to force quit. and i had restarted the mac since then. i updated (thought i had done that earlier -- i wish 1password would give more notice of updates - it only alerts every 2 or 3 updates.. meaning i have a huge download file (since its 3 updates) on a dial up connection - plus an out of date version).
    i reset permissions... and started to move the file again. it states its already there -- and the path is correct for dropbox... it advised i have to delete before i can copy again..
    so i opened 1pass on the android - seems to work fine there - after it sync'd up.
    thanks
    ml
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We just rolled out a new updater in the latest beta (which will find its way to you in the next stable release), but 1Password has never performed incremental updates, so skipping a version (or three) does not make an update any larger. So that's good news if you are on dial-up. :-)

It sounds like everything is working well now. That's even better news! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
This discussion has been closed.