sync locally

sbroth
sbroth
Community Member

I bought this software because it claimed that I could sync locally and would not have to use the cloud if I didn't want to. I don't want to. Yet the only way to sync my android is by using dropbox. And I can't even do that with my pc. Rather, I have to use my mac. I have tried to drag my keychain onto my phone. The software sees the keychain, but won't sync with it. There is no import utility available on the phone version. So I have to use dropbox with all the vulnerability that entails. I am very frustrated. I probably will delete my dropbox keychain and just not sync except when I decide to do so. I will continue to use 1password because I have invested so much time into it and it does logins well. But I will not recommend it to friends.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

So I have to use dropbox with all the vulnerability that entails

What vulnerability do you think that is? If someone compromises your Dropbox then all they get is an encrypted data block. Provided you have a decent master password then they can't get your login data.

That said, Wi-fi sync is on the requested features list although I have no idea when it will be ready for release.

• Hey @sbroth. When you are configuring sync in 1Password for Android, you have two options: Sync using Dropbox and Sync using local storage. Sync using local storage will allow you to sync to your device's internal storage. You will need to copy your 1Password data folder (.agilekeychain) to your Android device to be able to access your information there. If you need assistance with copying your 1Password data folder to your Android device, please let me know which device you want to copy it from and I will provide you with instructions.

• sbroth
    sbroth
    Community Member

As stated before, I have unwillingly devolved to using Dropbox. I had expected to use local storage. I had no trouble copying my agilekeychain from my pc to my android when the phone was attached using a usb cable.. When I asked to sync using local storage, the android file was recognized. When I began to sync, however, I got an error message. I have gone through this cycle (Dropbox, uninstall, local keychain, uninstall, dropbox, etc.) several times. The android will not use the agilekeychain I copied from my pc. Can you change that?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@sbroth perhaps you could post the error message you're getting.

• Hi @sbroth. It sounds like there may be a corrupted file in your .agilekeychain folder. What error message are you seeing?

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#and4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.