Licensing: Number of installations permitted

Options
RuslanI
RuslanI
Community Member

Hello!
I read the forums and license FAQ but it is not not really clear to me - is there actually a limitation on how many installations i'm allowed to complete under one license.
I run a lot of windows VM's on 2 of my personal computers, so i' wondering if i buy one windows license will i run up to installation limitation sooner or later?

PS: i really like Roboform approach where they grant users unlimited installations on unlimited platforms under their annual subscription license. Could you consider adopting something similar?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is licensed per family per platform. So yes, 1 Windows licence will cover you for all of your VMs.

The Roboform approach does work for software that is not a service; well it could work but it would basically involve informing Agilebits of each device that you install their software on. A lot of people aren't comfortable with that sort of thing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RuslanI ,

Thanks for your feedback about our pricing model, I do apologize that you found it a bit confusing.

Richard is correct: one 1Password for Windows license allows you to install 1Password for Windows on as many PCs/VMs as you use.

If we can do anything else to help, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.