WI FI sync between Mac and iPhone [moved to email for more troubleshooting/resolution]

Options
AGA
AGA
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

When I try to sync, I get the following message:
"The operation couldn’t be completed. Socket is not connected"
Other programs have no problems.
sync has otherwise worked flawlessly.
What is the solution?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please tell us:

1. what version of 1P you are using on your Mac (go to 1P > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there);
    2. what version of 1P for iOS you are using (go to the 1P Settings screen and look towards the bottom for the version number);
    3. your OS X and iOS version numbers.

If by any chance you're using Sophos anti-virus (which I suspect isn't likely) have a look at this knowledge base article.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AGA,

As well as what Stephen_C asked for, I'd be interested to know what anti-virus, software firewalls, parental control software etc. you may have on your system. Those are all examples of software that could block 1Password trying to open a web socket which we need to do to allow Wi-Fi Sync to work. I can reassure you that the connection is only local to your network to allow your Mac and iOS device to communicate.

Once we have a better idea of what is happening we'll work with you to resolve this.

• AGA
    AGA
    Community Member
    Options
    1. 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000)
    2. Version 5.2
    3. OS X 10.9.5 iOS 8.1.3
      Sync has worked with these versions
      There is no anti-virus and it is a closed network
      AGA
  • Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AGA,

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but there are a few simple things you can try to see if it helps:

• Reboot the Mac and iPhone, then try syncing again.
    • If that doesn't help, restart your router, then try again.
    • If the sync still won't work, disable Wi-Fi sync in 1Password on your Mac and iPhone, then set up Wi-Fi sync again and see if it works.

If there is still a problem, are you getting the exact same error as before? Was there any problem re-enabling Wi-Fi sync?

• AGA
    AGA
    Community Member
    Options

I've done what you suggested, but the same error occurs
    All other sync. works
    AGA

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AGA,

Lets see if a diagnostic report sheds any light on the matter,

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

—iOS—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AGA,

We did receive your email with the diagnostics – thanks for sending that! I see Lars has been working with you through email so we'll keep the discussion going there and close this one so we're not getting wires crossed. :)

ref: IIM-31892-555

This discussion has been closed.