?? Can't edit password due to error *** -[NSConcreteTextStorage attribute:atIndex:ef

peeeeeanut
peeeeeanut
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hey folks, I accidentally deleted a folder containing logins in my 1 PW and am having to reconstitute some. To wit, I'm trying to change a password from a temporary pass to permanent and am receiving the following error repeatedly:

NS RANGE EXCEPTION

*** -[NSConcreteTextStorage attribute:atIndex:effectiveRange:]: Range or index out of bounds

Just thought I'd let you know. It's a great program generally.

Jean in Nashville

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the kind words, Jean. First, did you try to restore the deleted items? You can do that by dragging them out of the trash and into a custom folder or the Unassigned smart folder. Of course if you'd already emptied the Trash, then yes, it'd be necessary to recreate the deleted items.

Could you tell us exactly which version of 1Password you're running (1Password > About 1Password), which version of OS X, and walk us through recreating this problem? I'm unsure what you mean by changing a temporary password to a permanent one.

Thanks, we appreciate the help!
  • peeeeeanut
    peeeeeanut
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hmmmm. I'm getting it again, FWIW. (Sorry for the lack of earlier response, I had forgotten to come back & check the thread....)

The message appears whenever I try to edit anything in any of my login records. (In Vault>Logins or if I search for a text string)

I first click EDIT like I would to change any of the fields in a login record.

Then, when I click on anything I'd like to change I get a popup with an error.

The exact error message is

NSRangeException

*** -[NSConcreteTextStorage attribute:atIndex:effectiveRange:]: Range or index out of bounds

There's a big blue OK button I have to hit to make the error go away.

I'm using OS X 10.6.3 with 1PW Version 3.2.1 (build 30653). Thanks!!
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the version information. I cannot say for certain what is causing this problem for you. My first instinct is to think you have a problem with the data in one of your Logins but if you see this for all your Logins then that idea goes out the window. :)

Please run the 1Password application and choose the Help -> Troubleshooting -> Clear Cache menu option. Then also choose Help -> Troubleshooting -> Rebuild Data File option. We also made a subtle change to the code that might help you. Please check for software updates again and upgrade to our 3.2.3 release.
  • dvo llc
    dvo llc
    Community Member
    I too have the same situation by seeing the same error. I see it when I edit a specific record. The error message is attached and the scenario is reproducible. I am running 1Password 3.5.2 build 30806 with OS X v10.6.5.

Is the advice noted above still valid regarding the cache and rebuilding?...

Thanks in advance.

David
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 2010
    dvo llc wrote:

I too have the same situation by seeing the same error. I see it when I edit a specific record. The error message is attached and the scenario is reproducible. I am running 1Password 3.5.2 build 30806 with OS X v10.6.5.

Is the advice noted above still valid regarding the cache and rebuilding?...

Hi, David. Yes, that is still worthy advice. Please let us know how it turns out!
This discussion has been closed.