Backup Directory

Hi,

yesterday i bought 1Password for Mac and Windows (the files are stored on a shared network location).

I've read about the risk but i'll never use both programms on the same time.

The only that i wonder about is that i can't select the backup location to the shared network drive on my mac (grey folders) but i can open and save them to this location. On the windows site works all fine... any idea?

Kind Regards
Daniel

Comments

• Daniel B wrote:

Hi,

yesterday i bought 1Password for Mac and Windows (the files are stored on a shared network location).

I've read about the risk but i'll never use both programms on the same time.

The only that i wonder about is that i can't select the backup location to the shared network drive on my mac (grey folders) but i can open and save them to this location. On the windows site works all fine... any idea?

Kind Regards
    Daniel

Hi, Daniel, and welcome to the forums! Could you post a screenshot of the problem so that we can see the issue?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Rob,

I think the key is that he said shared network volume. I am assuming here that the settings for network shares prohibiting things like iDisk syncing are still in effect for the Mac version. Yes, No ? and may this be the issue Daniel is describing.
  • Mybe :-)

but now i use GoodSync to get the files updated ....
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums...again?

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for updating the thread to let us know that a good sync solution is working for you since, as Tommy mentioned, we do not support storing your data file in a network share. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.