1Password 3 - new computer wont sync with firefox

Mac Version 10.7.5
Firefox Version 35.0.1

1Password has synced with Chrome and Safari, but not Firefox

This is driving me crazy... I've spent sooo many hours on this.

I would love to upgrade to the latest version of 1Password but too scared I'll f%*K everything up.

The instructions for syncing are not quite the same for 1Password 3

Should I delete the firefox browser plugin and start again?

Thank you

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@lightcam because you say you are using 1P3 I have moved your post to the 1P3 for Mac forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen, can you give me a link to the new thread... I can't find it

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member

Hi, still waiting for an answer. Is there a problem with my question?
    Thank ypu

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member

Hello, anyone there????

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member

I now want to upgrade to 1Password 4 and looking for tutorials - can you please point me in the right direction

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lightcam,

We are here but over the weekend coverage of the forums is a little lighter than during the week. In conjunction with that we make our way from oldest to newest when handling either requests here in the forum or indeed our own ticketing system. Unfortunately each time you post in a thread it sends that thread to the front (newest) of the queue. Sadly the forums are not so advanced that we can order the tickets based on thread creation or last post since we replied.

I see the original query was regarding the Firefox browser extension with 1Password 3 but the last post is referring to 1Password 4.

We have a page on Migrating from 1Password 3 but I should warn you that 1Password 4 requires OS X 10.8 (AKA Mountain Lion) or higher so if you are running OS X 10.7 (AKA Lion) then you are currently running the latest version of 1Password that your operating system will allow.

It would seem that would return us to your original query regarding the Firefox browser extension for 1Password 3. You said this was a new computer, if that is the case and this is you trying to get the extension to sync for the first time then removing the extension completely and trying again is a risk free route (there is no damage you can do). If it still fails we'll be able to assist but will need to know a few more details about what is happening.

Let us know how you get along.

This discussion has been closed.