Work Windows PC

I have purchased 1Password for my iPad, I also have the Windows Trial version on my home laptop which works fine. How do I replicate the trial version on my PC at work so I can check the whole thing works fine before I purchase the licence?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'm not sure what you mean by:

replicate the trial version on my PC at work

You install Dropbox and then1Password. Done. Basically the same thing you did on your home PC.

• Bazza525
    Bazza525
    Community Member

I can sign into dropbox, I installed 1Password. However, my work PC is not connected via WiFi. So how do I sync from my IOS device?

• Bazza525
    Bazza525
    Community Member

So is the answer I can have 1Password on my work PC or not? No WiFi. Connection to internet via cable only.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

A little patience maybe.

The answer is yes, you can. Wifi has nothing to do with Dropbox sync. It will work quite happily over a wired connection.

1) Has the agilekeychain folder fully synced down from Dropbox?
    2) Is the path to the vault that 1Password for Windows is looking at set to the vault in the Dropbox folder? (Look at the General tab in Preferences)

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-dropbox-sync

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

@Bazza525, please see the Setting up Dropbox sync article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide; then let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

You might also find this article of interest: How Dropbox syncs your data

If you have any problems with Dropbox sync, please see the Dropbox sync fails article, also in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

• Bazza525
    Bazza525
    Community Member

Thanks for the update. As mentioned, I installed Dropbox on my IOS devices and my Windows Laptop at home and all works perfectly with 1Password. However, I would like to set up on my work Windows PC. The issue I have is we already had DropBox installed at work so how do I access / log in to my Dropbox so that I can install 1Password and sync with Dropbox?

Thanks

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Ah I see. You can't have multiple Dropbox accounts connected on a single PC but you can share folders with other users. So login to your personal dropbox and share the agilekeychain folder with your work dropbox account:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/19

• Bazza525
    Bazza525
    Community Member

Thanks for your patience guys. It now seems to be working and I have the trial version working on my work Windows PC. Is there a way I can check if it is syncing correctly? Or is that a stupid question?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Open the vault and look through it. Are all of your logins there?
    Also, add a new test item to the vault and check that it exists on your home PC.

• Bazza525
    Bazza525
    Community Member

Logins are on my work PC. I have added new items into the vault on my work pc. They have not appeared on my iPhone yet, I hit sync on the phone but still not updated. Dropbox is selected as the sync option on my phone. Sorry to hit you with more stupid questions :-(

• Bazza525
    Bazza525
    Community Member

Just noticed that the pro version is not showing on my iPhone, I made the purchase on my iPad?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

A co-worker tells me you need to launch 1Password for iOS and tap Settings > Pro Features > Restore Purchases on each iOS device on which you want to enable the Pro features. (Since you've purchased it on one device it will require no additional expenditure, of course!)

This discussion has been closed.