Questions about 1Password

Options
bz101
bz101
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

I don't know where else to turn. I don't want to post in public forums about this but I have no other option.

I've emailed about a credit on an order twice, submitted through the contact form 2x and tried looking for a phone number but could not find one. It's been 10 days+ and I have yet to hear back from anyone.

How can I reach you?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bz101,

I am so sorry to hear that you've been waiting a while to hear back from our support team! We've been hearing from a lot of users since the launch of 1Password 5 on iOS and Mac, and our team is doing the best that we can to get back to our usual snappy responses just as soon as possible.

In your case, I was able to locate your email in our system by searching the email address attached to your forum account. I've replied to your email there. Thanks for reaching out! :)

ref: GNM-67559-813

• bz101
    bz101
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan. I really do like the product and appreciate you following up. If there is a better method to reach out in the future, let me know.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bz101,

Thanks so much for your patience - I realize that it's frustrating to wait for support. Believe me, our team can't wait until we're caught up so we can get back to users in a more timely manner!

When things get busy (like they are now), we focus responses in the forum first. The benefit of replying here is that a single response can help many users, whereas email conversations are limited to one-on-one. (Don't get me wrong - we do love one-on-one chats with users!)

I hope that 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you do hit any snags, I would suggest coming here first. Try using our Search to see if any other users have had similar issues - we may already have a solution for you there, or open a new thread if you're seeing something unique. The more detail you can provide in your original post, the more efficiently we'll be able to help you.

• znet
    znet
    Community Member
    Options

me too -- new to 1Password -- do you have a customer service -- chat of any kind - can i use 1Password on all my Apple devices
    ( how does this work?) - do i have to buy 1Password for each device - unable to download - install to my iPad - did find something on apple app store
    that said 9.99 for 1Password on iPad -

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The quickest way to get support is by posting here—even on a Sunday. :)

Yes, you can use 1P on all your Apple devices (at least provided they're reasonably modern!). 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS are separate products so that if you wish to sync your 1P data between a Mac and an iOS device you need both. 1P for iOS is free from the iTunes app store (the app store you connect to on your iOS devices)—but there's an in-app purchase to enable pro features. You can read about the pro features here.

You can sync your Mac with your iOS devices using Dropbox or local wifi sync. If you buy 1P5 for Mac from the Mac App Store you can also use iCloud to sync. (The version of 1P5 from AgileBits does not support iCloud sync following changes made by Apple on the release of OS X Yosemite.)

There's an awful lot more information about sync of 1P data in the knowledge base. Look here for sync using 1P for Mac and here for sync using 1P for iOS.

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@znet‌ you are posting in two forums about what seems to be the same issue. It's helpful to keep all the posts in one place. I have answered your latest question here.

Stephen

• cowlisj
    cowlisj
    Community Member
    Options

I need to retrieve my license and the email on file with agilebits is no longer active. When I go to support there isn't a way to update that information or contact support directly with the new email. Can you direct me?

Thanks.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@cowlisj‌ - Send your information, including the email address you used when you made your purchase, to support+licenses@agilebits .com. Someone from the staff should be able to help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cowlisj‌

If you haven't emailed us already here's a list of details that it would great if you can supply:

• Your full name as you would have supplied at the time of purchase.
    • Your email address at the time of purchase.
    • Your physical address at the time of purchase.
    • Your preferred email address

As you can imagine we want to make sure you are the genuine owner before we proceed. We will get it sorted out though.

• joelsperwin
    joelsperwin
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I want to talk to a real human being! I need a telephone number or an email address. It is unbelievable that you don't have this -- incredibly frustrating. Can somebody either post a response or email me directly with an answer to this? [email deleted]. Without the ability to do this, I would NEVER have bought this program.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I have deleted your email address. These are public forums and posting your email address here is one way of guaranteeing your address will be harvested by spammers.

And DON'T tell me to go to one of the forums. THEY SUCK!

These appear to be your very first posts so I'm guessing you know little about these forums. I can guarantee you'll get a much quicker response by posting details of your problems here than you will by trying to email or talk to someone—especially at the weekend.

However, If you'd really like to email just send your email to support @ agilebits.com. However, be prepared to wait for a response.

Edit: @joelsperwin‌ I have deleted your duplicate post in the other thread you started. Please keep posts on one place to avoid confusion.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @joelsperwin‌

I've deleted multiple duplicate messages from you. Please refrain from posting duplicates. As @Stephen_C mentioned these forums are the quickest way to get your question answered. If you could please start a new thread with your question we'd be happy to help.

If for some reason you'd rather use email, please email us at the above mentioned address, but please understand that the wait will be longer.

Thank you.

• zouzou5
    zouzou5
    Community Member
    Options

How do I contact support? I am stuck. I did a trial years ago and when I purchased the app today it went to my old master password and I have no idea what it is!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Posting here will get you support from the AgileBits team if it is needed.

But you are the only person who ever knows your password (AgileBits do not know it, and cannot get you access to your vault if you forget the password).

Given that you only used a trial version, and that was years ago, the best thing is to start over. There are instructions if you search for "start over".

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Here's the link to instructions for Starting over. @danco's advice is sound.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @danco and @hawkmoth!

@zouzou5, the best way to contact support is currently to post in these forums. We monitor these forums all week and try to respond as fast as we can, although we have some awesome users who often reply even faster! :)

Hopefully the information from danco and hawkmoth helps you reset 1Password and start over, but if you have more questions about that or need more assistance, please let us know - we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.