Encriptkey.js error

Options
Vistafoodiboo
Vistafoodiboo
Community Member

Hello,
I am trying to sync 1password with the vault on dropbox on my Samsung Note4. It seems to find the vault but then errors with a message saying "file encriptionkey.js doesn't exist in..." then disappears I have sent the log to your helpdesk fyi but was wondering what I may have done wrong.
Neil

Comments

• Hi @Vistafoodiboo. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing and I'll be happy to help get you back on track.

The error message indicates that a critical file is missing from your vault. In order to remedy this, we'll need to repair that vault from another device. Can you please let us know what other device(s) you're syncing with and what OS version they're running?

Thanks!

• jwerchcurtis
    jwerchcurtis
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem... note 4 to Mac...android 1password4 to Mac 1password5 how do I submit a request to the help desk?

• jwerchcurtis
    jwerchcurtis
    Community Member
    Options

installed 1password on my husbands iphone - did a sync, then tried to connect my note 4 and it still fails. have no other mac device to sync with

• jwerchcurtis
    jwerchcurtis
    Community Member
    Options

so, following your suggestions to the other person, I backed up the vault and restored in on a macbook air. no problem.

Imac> backup to file> transferred file on usb to macbook air > restored file - no issues

Then I revered the process and restored it back to the original mac - again no file opened on the mac without problems

Tried to open the same vault and got the same error. forward the logs from the Android to you via the send tool in the application

• Hi @jwerchcurtis. Thanks for the details.

The easiest option would be to change your Master Password on your Mac. Then open 1Password on your Android and it will notify you that the password has changed. Exiting and relaunching will allow you to sign in with the new password. You should be able to sync all devices at that point, and can go ahead and change the Master Password back if you like.

Please let us know if that does the trick!

• jwerchcurtis
    jwerchcurtis
    Community Member
    Options

changed the master password. deleted the vault from drop box. re-added the vault with new master password. tried to connect. it found the vault, but got the same error

• That's strange. Changing the Master Password should recreate encryptionKeys.js in your .agilekeychain.

Here's what I'd like you to do:

This will remove all of your data on your Android device, so please make sure to securely copy any new items you added on Android that have not synced over.

• Launch 1Password for Mac
    • Choose 1Password 5 > Preferences > Sync
    • Click the arrow next to Dropbox and choose None
    • Check the box to delete data from Dropbox
    • Go to Dropbox and rename any other 1Password folders there to 1Password.agilekeychain_backup
    • On the Mac, choose Dropbox sync again
    • Navigate to your Dropbox folder and choose Open

1Password will create a new 1Password data folder in Dropbox, /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. Launch 1Password 4 for Android and connect to the new vault in Dropbox. You may need to reinstall 1Password on Android if you find it not working.

Let me know if you're able to sync between your devices now.

• butter20fury
    butter20fury
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm wondering if someone could help me. I recently downloaded the One Password app for both my tablet and mobile.

However, though I was trying to sync it with my vault in Dropbox, it stopped midway due perhaps to a faulty internet
    connection and now when I try to login (on all devices) I simply get the message "file encriptionkey.js doesn't exist in.."

Thanks

• Hey @butter20fury. Thanks for supporting 1Password! :)

You mentioned that you can no longer log in on all devices--do you only have 1Password installed on Androids? Or do you also have 1Password on another platform?

Also, do you have access to a Mac, PC, or iOS device?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.