Many *.1password files in my \Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain\data\default directory

Dave2
Dave2
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
I have my 1Password keychain stored in my dropbox.
I wanted to find out if it was normal to have 270 .1password files in my %userprofile%\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain\data\default directory.
The files names are all 32 character hexidecimal values, with the extension ".1password".
I also have .1password.keys, .ws.agile.1Password.write, 1password.keys, and encryptionKeys.js located there as well.

When I sort by date, there are only two files with today's date. I am assuming one (or both) is/are the current keychain file
Is this normal? Should I erase all the older ones? My concern is that there is something not right with my setup.

Thanks,
Dave2

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

Caution: Do not directly manipulate the contents of any .agilekeychain (or .opvault) folder!

Doing so may render your data in the corresponding 1Password vault permanently inaccessible.

• Dave2
    Dave2
    Community Member

Ok, got it. Thanks DBrown.
    Does that mean it is natural to have all the file clutter in that folder?
    In other words, is this how 1 Password manages the password data?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015

@Dave2 There is nothing wrong with your 1Password data. Don't mess with it :)

If you're concerned about the integrity of your 1Password data, then here is something you can try: File > Repair 1Password Vault

• Dave2
    Dave2
    Community Member

@svondutch Thanks for the tip. I tried the "Repair" option and it said it was healthy and found no errors or problems. It did not change the number of files in the aforementioned directory, and to your experience that is how it should look, so I will definitely not mess with it. :blush:
    Thank you both for clarifying, I just wanted to make sure everything was all good!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's not clutter, @Dave2—it's your 1Password data.

There are a lot of files in the Windows system directories, too, and I'd love to free up some disk space, but I probably shouldn't delete any of the files there, either. :)

This discussion has been closed.