1Password Entry Limit (windows)

Why is there an entry limit for windows? The mac version doesn't have the limit. (I don't think)

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@SSGZ1 There is no entry limit on Windows, unless...

1. You are running in demo mode, and
    2. You have used 1Password longer than 30 days, and
    3. You have more than 20 items in your 1Password vault.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Then, why can't you update it to be like the mac?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

"Update it to be like [1Password for Mac]" in what way, @SSGZ1?

I believe 1Password for Mac also "times out" of demo/trial mode in much the same way.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

It does??

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, indeed. Searching for trial in the 1Password 5 for Mac user's guide turns up a link to the Installing from the AgileBits web site article, which refers to the 30-day trial and links to this article in the version-4 user's guide for details.

Of course, if you buy the 1Password for Mac app in the Mac App Store, you're not licensing it, so there's no free trial: you're buying it outright.

I hope that resolves any confusion. Thanks for choosing 1Password!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

So, on none of the verson 5's, there aren't entery limits? (just to clarify)

• MikeT
    edited February 2015

Hi @SSGZ1,

Almost all unregistered desktop versions of 1Pasword have a 20-item limitation or 30 days if it exceeds 20 items. The only one that doesn't have these restrictions is the one at the Mac App Store, there is no trial version available there. Mac and Windows have identical restrictions.

The mobile versions are different because of the app stores and such. On the iOS platform, there is no 20-item or day limitation but you get only a limited amount of categories with no organization features. Android, you get unlimited access for 30 days but afterward, it becomes read-only.

This discussion has been closed.